By submitting this form, I understand that:
• Absences from school will only be authorised in exceptional circumstances
• The school may authorise part or all of the leave of absence
• If we are delayed in returning, we will contact the school to explain why as soon as is possible.
Section 444 of the Education Act, 1996 says:
“If a child of compulsory school age, who is a registered pupil at a school, fails to attend regularly at the school, his/her parent is guilty of an offence.”
If you persist in removing your child on the reqeusted dates you are advised that this may result in:
• A Penalty Notice payable up to £120 fine.
• Prosecution under s444 (1) Education Act 1996, where if convicted you may be Fined up to £1,000.
• Prosecution under s444 (1) (a) Education Act 1996 where if convicted you may be fined up to £2,500 and/or 3 months imprisonment.