WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
There are lots of fun and interesting things you can do on the Internet. And it can be a great way to stay in touch with friends. But it’s important to understand how to stay safe online.
5 ways to get support if things go wrong
- Talk to someone you trust like an adult, or you can always talk to a Childline counsellor
- Report bullying and abuse directly to the website or app
- Delete things you’ve shared that you’re worried about,or find ways to hide them
- Tell the police by making a report to CEOP if someone is threatening or blackmailing you
- Plan for the future and change your privacy settings so it doesn’t happen again